Latest Posts

Wed-nes-day

By 5:15:00 PM

You know it's a good day when you're exhausted! I was only at the pool for about four hours, but being in that sun and swimming around takes it out of you! I'm really enjoying having these summer weekdays off because sometimes the weekend just isn't long enough for what you want to do.

Woke up to my new journal in the mailbox! (We didn't get the mail yesterday.) And I've already started filling it up with different pages and doodles. And through a suggestion from my cousin, Karen, I've made a bullet journal board on Pinterest. So if you're a fellow Pinterest lover, please click the button to the right and follow me. I pin some pretty awesome stuff.


Headed to the pool around noon, hung out with the family and especially two little rambunctious boys who have stolen my heart. Gabe and I took some crazy snapchat pictures and little Liam was far too busy with more important matters like playing shark and squirting everyone in the pool with the water shooter. We all got Elle King's song "Exes and Ohs" stuck in our heads and talked a lot about Harry Potter. So it was pretty much a successful day.






One random thing I did want to point out to everyone was that on the ride home, Carrie Underwood's song, "Church Bells" came on. Well of course I love it and I was singing along when it hit me that... you really don't want to mess with this chick. Think about it. Everyone's always going on about how Miranda Lambert is tough with her songs "Kerosene" and "Gunpowder and Lead". But Carrie's just as tough. We all laughed when "Before He Cheats" came out and she defiled his car. And then when the much darker song "Blown Away" debuted, everyone silently cheered for the song's protagonist. But then... did we forget about "Two Black Cadillacs"? Man cheats on wife, I'm guessing doesn't tell his mistress he's married either and they get revenge. And now in "Church Bells" Jenny's husband abuses her and gets what's coming to him. Point of the story is... she's sweet with her amazing vocals when she sings "How Great Thou Art", and sexy with her legs for days, but you really shouldn't mess with Carrie. 

Now that I've gotten that off my brain, I think I'll curl up on the couch and watch Fly Away Home.

You Might Also Like

0 comments