Latest Posts

Fun Friday! Cupcakes & More!

By 2:38:00 PM , ,

Yes, I know today is actually Saturday, but this post is about yesterday. Went to Gen's to make cupcakes and so I have just a few pictures to post of our baking adventure! These cupcakes were for a couple's 50th wedding anniversary, and they just wanted something simple. So it was vanilla on vanilla with gold sprinkles and they looked so cute when we were done!

For those who don't know, Gen and I have our little side business Pink Pineapple. We specialize in cupcakes and in the last four months of doing this have found our base recipe, have figured out pretty much how we want our icing to taste, and soon we'll be experimenting with more flavors and getting to work with fondant. I also want to start trying out molds and making our own candies to go on top of the cakes. We'll figure this all out though. We have a ways to go.

We do make everything from scratch. No boxes and definitely no store bought icing! Paula Deen would be so proud!


Every time I drive to Gen's house, I am awestruck by this view. And I finally pulled my phone out in time to take a picture this time!


While opening up cabinets, I found a whole lucky wall of four leaf clovers. Had to snap a pic! 




When we were done with the batter, Ranger had to sample. He's our official taste tester.




Ahh! I fell in love with those gold sprinkles!



Viola! Happy 50th Anniversary! 

You can visit our page on Facebook and give Pink Pineapple a like. Just click here. And now I'm off to get ready for our Girls' Night Out to the Goochland Drive-In. It's 21 and over night with a double feature of Bad Moms and Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates. Maybe we'll see you there?


You Might Also Like

0 comments