Latest Posts

Happy and Merry!

By 8:46:00 PM , , ,



Hello internet world! Miss me? I've missed writing. Obviously not so much where I felt compelled to hop on and write, but more so in the way where I laid in bed and said to myself, "Hey, I should really post to my blog." But here I am! Finally doing it after so many months of silence.

I swear it's my priority to get on and blog more. And I know I say that all the time, but I'm extremely sincere about it this time. (No sarcastic comment on how that will not happen.)

Anyway! I figured I'd go ahead and fill y'all in on what's been happening in my life lately. Since I last posted, I've gotten a new job -- been there about ten weeks now -- at my old high school. I love it. LOVE. IT. I feel so much more free than I did at my last job. I love the staff that I work with, and a typical work day doesn't feel like a typical work day. Yes, sometimes it's a little stressful because I can get bombarded with a ton of work at once, and other times it's extremely relaxed because I have nothing to do. But I like that about it. It's never the same.

In the last few weeks I've been; 

  • Teaching myself calligraphy. Well actually, it's more like faux-lligraphy, but it's fun! And pretty! 
  • Singing a lot more. Like all the time. Which, if you know me, isn't much of a surprise. But it's probably been multiplied by ten. 
  • Thinking about taking up guitar lessons. Well not formal lessons, more like me, a guitar, and YouTube videos. 
  • Writing songs. Yes -- writing songs. Not very good songs, but songs nonetheless. 
  • Writing period. I stopped writing for a little while, probably because I was just unhappy with where I was in my life. I lost muse and inspiration. But in the past few weeks, I've slowly been coming back to it. 
  • Growing out my nails, and aside from the fact that they need to be painted, they look FABULOUS. 
  • Trying, keyword trying, to go to church more. Got off track for a few weeks, but getting back in gear. 
  • Looking up tons and tons of recipes that I want to try. Maybe I'll actually cook something. 
  • Sorely missing Harry Potter. Call me whatever you want, but after seeing Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them my heart hurts for all things HP. 
  • Rocking around the Christmas tree, and playing with my new Silhouette Cameo machine! I've been obsessed with it since I got it for Christmas. I've been playing with it, reading up on tutorials, researching different things I can make with it. It's been my whole life for the past 48 hours and it's been amazing. 
*Please enjoy the selfies as seen above. And the pictures of my new favorite toy below (:


Look how pretty! I knew the second I saw the big box what it was. :D 


Spent all day yesterday and today playing around with it, finding designs I loved and all that jazz. With purchase of the Cameo, I got one month's free subscription to the Design store, and a $25 credit. Well, now I'm down to $15 because I've already bought a bunch of designs and fonts! 


The first monogram/thing I made! Gentry felt super honored to be the first. 


And then of course I had to pretty up my machine with a bow monogram, and I wouldn't be me if I didn't have a mermaid something, so I added her to my computer. 

Now the only thing I need to work on is naming my cameo. Suggestions are gladly appreciated! (It's definitely a girl, I mean come on, she has a bow.)

Thanks for humoring me, friends! Until next time (: 



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Please keep blogging...love it. You are a talented writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please keep blogging...love it. You are a talented writer!

    ReplyDelete